Quilting & Patchwork: Beginning to Improvise | Carolina Oneto
We are thrilled to welcome Carolina Oneto to SewConfident to teach a series of her workshops.
In this introductory course about improvisation in quilting, you will learn various techniques and concepts that are helpful for improv quilting:
- You will learn to put together a complementary colour palette, ideal for this project.
- Carolina will show you 4 different improvisational techniques, such as cutting without rulers, building blocks, and composing.
- You will learn what it is to improvise.
- You will create 4 sections with these techniques: strip improvisation, improv triangles, soft curves, and random pairs. With these, you will create your own quilt.
• 6 to 8 fat quarter in one colour (colour A) , with a gradient in value from dark to light
• 3 fat quarters in a different colour, 3 different values from dark to light (this second colour must be a
complementary colour of colour A.
You are required to bring along your sewing kit, to include pins/clips, a rotary cutter and cutting mat. We will have these available to purchase on the day if you need them but all other materials will be provided for you.
Sewing machines are provided but if you would like to bring along your own machine then just let us know.
We will not have time to cover how to quilt and bind your quilt top in this class. This class is not suitable for complete beginners but if you have some sewing machine experience and would like to attend then please get in touch to discuss before booking.
THIS CLASS WILL TAKE PLACE IN OUR NEW VENUE – UNIT 67 MORRIS PARK, 37 ROSYTH ROAD, G5 0YE.