Bag Making: Backpack Class
In this one day class we will be making this useful and fun backpack. It’s fab for any outing where you might need to be hands free – think festivals, change bag and day trips!
The bag has a foldover top and closure to keep things secure while the front zippered pocket keeps essentials within easy reach. The straps are also fully adjustable so it’s nice and comfy to wear too.
What to bring:
- You will need to purchase and print the pattern/instructions for the backpack before attending the class – full details will be provided in your class confirmation email.
- Exterior Fabric – 3/4 metre (1/2 metre if 54″ wide fabric)
- Contrast Bottom Fabric – 1/2 metre
- Lining Fabric – 1 1/2 metres (Includes exterior closure, straps and interior pocket).
- 1 x 8″ zipper for the front pocket
- Interfacing as detailed in the pattern.
Yes, we can sort you out with fabrics beforehand that is no problem. You can pop into the shop or we can post you fabrics as they need to be cut out before the class starts.
We only use the Range backpack in this class but if you wanted to book a 121 with our tutor for another pattern get in touch and we can organise that for you. You'll learn load of transferable bag making skills in this class even if it's not your number 1 pattern choice!
The backpack class is not for absolute beginners as we expect a bit of prior sewing experience such as our beginners sewing class. If you are unsure get in touch and we can help!